Get Safe Motueka
Building and Maintaining Respectful Relationships
We work towards making our community a healthier and safer place. Services provided are:
- For Women:
- Family/Whanau Support - Providing support, information and education to women experiencing or affected by domestic violence.
- Counselling - We offer a short term counselling service for women who are experiencing or have been affected by domestic violence in their lives.
- Women's Exploring Anger Programmes - Looking at ways to gain skills and tools to express healthy emotions. An educational programme designed for women having difficulty expressing their anger.
- Women's Education Programmes - An educational programme raising awareness around violence and abuse. Designed to empower women and their children to keep safe from violence and controlling behaviours.
- For Men:
- Living Without Violence - An educational programme supporting men to make changes to their attitudes and behaviours, to relate to others in a manner that demonstrates respect, support and equality. To assist in creating loving supportive relationships.
- Counselling - We offer a short term counselling service for men who are experiencing or have been affected by domestic violence in their lives.
- For Youth:
- Youth services - Supporting young people from the Motueka region to realise their potential. Group programmes and individual support for young people and their families.
Most services are free, but some incur a small cost. All our services are confidential.
Phone: 528 8976