Motueka Agricultural & Pastoral Association
The 2016 A & P Show
The 2016 show is set down for Sunday 4th December.
This year featuring a new category, "Wearable Creations".
Download the schedules and entry forms for all events (4.3Mb PDF file).
The Motueka Agricultural & Pastoral Association was formed 1935, and is based at Marchwood Park.
- Hold annually an agricultural/horticultural show.
- Showcase the development of agricultural, pastoral, forestry, horticultural, stock-raising, equestrian and other associated activities in the District.
- Abide by the rules of the Royal Agricultural and Pastoral Association of NZ.
- Administer Marchwood Park for the benefit of the community.
- Utilise Marchwood Park for the benefit of the region and to encourage the involvement of young people in suitable cultural and sporting activities.
- The Association may carry out other activities, as decided by its General Meeting. Such activities will be aligned to the intent of the rules of the Royal A&P Society, and to the A&Act.
Located to the west of the Motueka Aerodrome, Marchwood Park is a beautiful piece of the Motueka community, with its protected native trees, wide open spaces, extensive seating and shade, and excellent facilities. The park is administered by the A&P committee, elected in June of each year.
Membership to the Association is open to the public, and is currently set at $15 per annum. Membership entitles the holder to gate passes for the annual show, reduced competition entry fees, and voting rights at the AGM.
USES OF THE PARK
The park is available to community groups, schools, sports groups and families. Current users include:
The association also runs a camp for Motor-home Association members, offering sites to folk whose vehicles must be fully self-contained and mobile. The camp is looked after by the on-site Caretaker, who should be contacted directly if you wish to book a site. The campers hold regular social activities.
Camp: Onsite caretaker, College St entrance
Booking Officer: Raymond Goodall 03 528 9509
President: Louise Bradley, Phone: 03 528 8666, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Show Organiser: Mary Wilson, Phone: 03 528 6567, email: email@example.com
Treasurer: Robyn Hennah, Phone: 03 543 2710, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: PO Box 177, Motueka