Motueka Camera Club
The primary aims of the Motueka Camera Club is to stimulate interest in the Art and Practice of photography, to offer members knowledge and practice in the capture and preparation of images for Local and National Competitions, and to provide opportunities in developing Photo Editing and image evaluation skills.
We meet in the SeniorNet rooms, 42 Pah Street Motueka, at 7.30pm.
Monthly meetings and competitions:
Each month we run competitions, each with a particular topic or theme. The competition rules are shown below, as are competition topics.
Images awarded the top grade of "Honours" on Club night for the past month are displayed on this website.
Click here to view them »
Craig Martin receives award
Craig Martin won an honours award in the Nature section at the NATEX competition, which is a New Zealand-wide competition and is run in conjunction with the annual NZ Photographic Society convention. This year it is in Auckland. This is the photograph.
The financial year begins 1 October, annual member-ship fee = $60.00 payable to the Treasurer.
Individuals joining in Oct - March pay the full.
Annual membership fee of $60.00. For families $30.00 per additional member, and also $30.00 for students under 18 years.
Anyone joining April to September pays $6.00 per month up to and including September (no separate family fee). Thereafter pay the annual membership fee (plus $30.00 per additional family member).
For any information or enquiries about Club meeting dates, please feel free to contact:
Craig Martin ph 03 526 8886 (President) or
Heather Knapp ph 03 528 9759 (Vice President) or
Cushla Moorhead ph 03 5286548 (Secretary)
We'd love to see you!
Or check out our Facebook page here »
Competition topics for 2017
There is an OPEN topic each meeting as well as the set topic.
February 6 - Open, prints only
- Other topic WATER to be set away for judging - print or digital.
March 6 - Texture
April 3 - Close-up
May 1 - Out of This World
June 5 - Wildlife
July 3 - Portrait
August 7 - Impressionism
September 4 - Rim/back lighting
October 2 - Action
November 6 - AGM
December 4 - Treasure Trove
The primary aims of the Motueka Camera Club is to stimulate interest in the Art and Practice of photography, to offer members knowledge, and practice, in the capture and preparation of images for Local and National Competitions, and to provide opportunities in developing Photo Editing, and image evaluation skills.
- Only financial members are eligible to make submissions.
- There is a three grade system for members, Entry, Intermediate and Salon. Advancement from Entry to Intermediate, a member requires a total of 20pts and from Intermediate to Salon, a member has to achieve 5 Honours, including 1 print Honours.
- Each entrant may enter a maximum of 2 Images in total, at each monthly
submissions night, which can be either presented as Prints, or in digital format for projection.
- Prints must be mounted unframed using a mat with suitable backing, not
exceeding, 40 x 50 cm (16 x 20 in) in size.
- Digital images need to be in jpeg format, and sized to 1080 pixels along the
vertical edge or 1920 along the horizontal edge, which ever is the longer. To be sent by either Email or "Dropbox" storage device, to the Image convenor, at least 48hrs prior to the Meeting night. Projection will be in the sRGB colour space.
- Labelling for submissions
Author-grade-set/open-title All of this is called the File name
Author is author's name. Each part is separated by a hyphen with no spaces. Grade is the first letter of the grade eg. E,I or S. Set or open is the topic.
- All images must be entirely the author's work, at image capture and editing,
but can be either self, or commercially processed.
- Prints must be presented to the Image convener no later than 15 minutes
prior to meeting commencement.
- Images will be judged by a nominated judge, prior to, or on Club night.
Each image will be allocated its assessed grade, by the judge. Not Accepted = 0,
Acceptance = 2, Merit = 4, Highly Commended = 6, and Honours = 8 : There is an extra 1 pt. for entering in the set topic.
- The Judge will also nominate the best print, and best projected image
in the Monthly Competition, = 2 extra points.
- All images remain the property of the authors, and must be collected
by them or a nominated agent at the closure of each competition night.
- No Image that has been offered an award can be re-entered in
the Monthly competitions, except for the Portfolio competition.
- A Register of the points earned by each member will be kept to ascertain
the progress of members.