[ Return ][ Other news articles ]
Another round of Winter Workshop arts classes
May 17th, 2015
The Motueka Arts Council is ready for another of its popular Winter Workshops series, with 17 classes available covering interests ranging from playing African Marimba to the Art of Bonsai.
This year the co-ordinator is well known artist Sarah Douglas, and she has put together a programme that is particularly strong on work with fabrics and flax.
Sarah has been particapating in the workshops for at least 12 years. She is enthusiastic about the learning of so many skills in a encouraging enviroment, and her learnt skills have led her to become an artist in painting, weaving and pottery.
The list of tutors include an array of talented local people, offering a broad range of classes across art, writing, music and creative crafts.
The classes include:
- Pottery Decorating - Tutor Lizzie Yockney
- Koauau - Maori Flute Making Workshop - Tutor Tim Wraight
- Writing Biography and Memoir - Tutor Dr Carol Dawber
- The Art of Bonsai - Tutor Che Vincent
- Get Waxing! - Tutor Lynn Whitford
- Blackball Bling - Tutor Wendi Wilson
- Fabulous Felted Tote Bag - Tutor Shirley Wallace
- Diagonal Weaving - Tutor Anne Grassham
- Fabric and Fibre Art - Tutor Rowena Lukomska
- Flax Fascination - Tutor Yvonne Hammond
- Introduction to Playing African Marimba - Tutor Bridgit Knowles
- Singing for Pleasure - Tutor Barbie Cole
- Practical Harakeke for Beginners - Tutor Atawhai Teaukura
- Painting - Loosening Up - Tutor Johanna Ward
- Stitched Baskets - Tutor Carol Gowan
- Mixed Media: Much and Little - Tutor Sheree Phyn
- Funo with Nuno - Tutor Shirley Wallace
Most of the courses are held on a single day, with a few run over two days and one weekly for six weeks. Dates range over June to August. Course costs average about $60.
Download the full programme and registration form here »
>> Email a comment on this article, to be added to the page. [If this link doesn't work, use this form instead]
[ Return ]
[ Other news articles ]
© Motueka Online. To reproduce all or large parts of this article, please ask the editor for permission, and attribute the story to Motueka Online.
We wish to thank these local community-minded businesses who generously sponsor our site. They recognise the value of supporting this community asset, and in return Motueka Online is pleased to use and recommend their services whenever appropriate.
Ray White Motueka, Nelson Building Society, House of Travel, Patisserie Royale, Patisserie Royale,
Steph Wills Dental Surgery, Elevation Cafe, Restaurant & Bar, Unichem Pharmacy