[ Return ][ Other news articles ]
Workshops to explore sustainable living at home
March 17th, 2017
A series of workshops about sustainable living at home will be run in Motueka over the coming two months.
The workshops are being hosted by Sustainable Living Aotearoa in conjunction with the Tasman District Council and based at the Greenwood Kindergarten.
The workshops, facilitated by Lynda Hannah and Adie Leng, will include a presentation from an experienced speaker, followed by small-group practical experiences and activities to try at home.
The goal is to learn different ways you can trim household expenses and make the best use of resources. The sessions will encourage you to build support with each other to try some of the ideas beyond the workshops.
The programme is:
- 27 March: Introduction to best use of resources, making and using household cleaners.
- 3 April: Loving food - effective shopping, storage, wild foods.
- 10 April: Growing food - choosing what and when to plant, composting, worms and
long term maintenance.
- 1 May: Water - ways to conserve water use, how to change a washer, find out
- 8 May: Energy efficiency - many ways to have power savings, keeping the home
warm or cool, transport options.
- 15 May: Loving your wardrobe - clothes swap, mending and other creative options
and arranging more get-togethers.
The six sessions held weekly (except in school holidays) on Mondays, 3.30 – 5.30pm, at Greenwood Kindergarten, 512 Greenwood Street.
To secure a spot, email your name and phone number to email@example.com, or phone Adie Leng 03 528 2022.
For more information, visit www.sustainableliving.org.nz
>> Email a comment on this article, to be added to the page. [If this link doesn't work, use this form instead]
[ Return ]
[ Other news articles ]
We wish to thank these local community-minded businesses who generously sponsor our site. They recognise the value of supporting this community asset, and in return Motueka Online is pleased to use and recommend their services whenever appropriate.
Ray White Motueka, Nelson Building Society, House of Travel,
Patisserie Royale, Steph Wills Dental Surgery, Unichem Pharmacy