[ Return ][ Other news articles ]
Council's community grants open for applications
May 4th, 2017
Applications are now open for Tasman District Council Community Grants funding, with $219,000 available this year to help pay for community projects.
TDC allocates money each year towards the annual Community Grants with the goal of enabling Council to work with communities by encouraging community based solutions, supporting the community to find ways to improve the delivery of services or infrastructure, and supporting the work of volunteers across the district.
Priority are given to projects that address an identified community need, align with the Council's Community Outcomes, join communities together and are not solely reliant on Council funding.
Applications opened on May 1st and close on July 31st.
- take place within Tasman and/or demonstrate benefit to Tasman residents
- be for a specific project
- demonstrate the contribution the project will make to Council's Community Outcomes and Long Term Plan priorities
- assistance is for organisations, not individuals
- not be for a project that is the responsibility of Central Government or other agencies
- identify benefit to the community that will result from the funding
- demonstrate community support.
The grants provide assistance to specific areas of the applying organisation's operations - these are:
- administration costs (limited)
- one-off projects (not major capital projects or maintenance of facilities)
- project development costs
- service delivery costs, and
- funding is allocated annually as one-off-grants
- Sport and Recreation Facilities Fund applications must be for capital works or improvements to recreation facilities in the Tasman District.
Applications must fall within one of the following categories (with total funding allocations in brackets):
- Community and Economic Development Initiatives ($30,000)
- Arts/Culture/Heritage/Museums ($32,000)
- Festivals and Events ($40,000)
- Youth and Children ($25,000)
- Social Services ($21,000)
- Environment ($20,000)
- Emergency Services ($16,000)
- Sports and Recreation Facilities ($35,000)
You can get full information and make your application at the council web page here.
>> Email a comment on this article, to be added to the page. [If this link doesn't work, use this form instead]
[ Return ]
[ Other news articles ]
We wish to thank these local community-minded businesses who generously sponsor our site. They recognise the value of supporting this community asset, and in return Motueka Online is pleased to use and recommend their services whenever appropriate.
Ray White Motueka, Nelson Building Society, House of Travel,
Patisserie Royale, Steph Wills Dental Surgery, Unichem Pharmacy