[ Return ][ Other news articles ]
Godwits to be made welcome again
May 30th, 2011
The Motueka Arts Council is again holding a 'Welcome to the Godwits' Celebration to welcome our godwits back to the Motueka sandspit after their epic non-stop flight from Alaska, and to raise awareness of the importance of our estuaries.
The celebration events will be held this year on Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th September from 10am to 4pm, again based around Motueka Memorial Hall.
The events will include:
- Displays from local conservation groups
- Information boards and slide shows of the godwit story and local birds
- An art exhibition and competition for adults
- Art and poetry competitions for children and displays from local schools
- A mask and dress-up parade
- A photographic competition for adults
- Viewing of the godwits from Motueka Quay
- Guest speaker: David Melville, of the Ornithological Society.
Click here to download details and entry forms for the Photographic competition and the Art competition and exhibition
For further information about the event, contact Pauline Samways by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Email a comment on this article, to be added to the page. [If this link doesn't work, use this form instead]
[ Return ]
[ Other news articles ]