[ Return ]
Great environmental projects wanted by TDC
August 19th, 2010
[Press release from Tasman District Council]
Nominations for the Tasman Nelson Environment Awards officially open tomorrow, Friday 20 August. The Awards are a joint Nelson City and Tasman District Council initiative to recognise and celebrate people and organisations in our community who are making a difference both today and in the future.
TDC Environmental Educator Rob Francis says “No project is too small or too big. Last year we saw record numbers entering their projects for these awards – with some outstanding evidence of sustainability taking place at grass roots level”.
Karen Lee, Sustainability Coordinator at Nelson City Council adds, “There are some amazing people out there putting good ways of using resources and living sustainably into practice every day, and these are the individuals and organisations we want to hear from”.
Nominations are invited until Friday 8 October and this year there are eleven categories to enter:
* Environmental leadership – Sponsored by Cawthron Institute Trust Board
* Community/Neighbourhood Groups – Sponsored by Nelson Pine Industries
* Rural– Sponsored by Landcare Research
* Commercial – Emerging – Sponsored by Classic Hits
* Commercial - Leadership – Sponsored by Newstalk ZB
* Schools – Early Childhood – Sponsored by Parkes Automotive
* Schools – Primary/Secondary – Sponsored by Sealord
* Urban Design – Sponsored by Ian Smith Jack Architects
* Best Use of Renewable Energy – Sponsored by EECA
* Heritage – built heritage and sites – Sponsored by New Zealand Historic Places Trust
* Heritage – events and culture – Sponsored by Tasman District and Nelson City Councils
Prizes are awarded by sponsors and range in value from $500 - $1000. Nominations can be made in more than one section and are welcomed from new and previous entrants. Nomination forms, including the relevant criteria, are available on the Council websites or from the main Council offices, libraries or service centres.
>> Email a comment on this article, to be added to the page. [If this link doesn't work, use this form instead]
[ Return ]